The bigger one is the female. They were both out Saturday afternoon & didn’t seem to care that I was snapping their pictures with a telephoto lens below. I suppose they were spying for bunnies, squirrels, mice, other birds. I think they’ve got some owlets around now. In the last week, I’ve heard plaintive, insistent squawks I suppose must be from the owlets demanding food, but I can’t figure out which tree they’re coming from. Our little terrier, Moxie, gets visibly scared by the owls. When she hears their hoots, she hides under our lawn chairs.
is in the neighbor’s sweetgum tree.
красивейшая Богиня ♥ “The more you flog that Kitty, the more pain she'll be in” Ghandi ♥
What incredible birds to have as neighbours!
and so tame too. I’m amazed … and jealous!
No-one seems to get out their telescopic lens to shoot photos of me :(
You're not missing much
There can be disadvantages to being framed in someone’s telescopic lens.
I’ll zoom in
closer than as close as you want ;)
here, however. We have no official emu hunting season in our part of the country.
If there's no official season...
doesn’t that mean that emu’s are always in
I don’t blame your terrier for being worried (and you should probably keep an eye on her while she’s out- a friend here almost lost a cat to a hawk a few years ago!).
flying irishman has gotten 12 cheers on this entry.
- Blessed ♥ cheered this 18 months ago
- MicroWhisper cheered this 18 months ago
- Waterfall Nymph cheered this 18 months ago
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 18 months ago
- solasea cheered this 18 months ago
- TG cheered this 18 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 18 months ago
- Skoshi-Bit cheered this 18 months ago
- Hawk~ cheered this 18 months ago
- nicolasc will be out of the picture a lot. cheered this 18 months ago
- wren cheered this 18 months ago
- красивейшая Богиня cheered this 18 months ago