Dooffodil Life is a shoebox of dooffodils and doosies
I have a verbal practice session with a Korean pal at noon (English practice for him, Korean for me). We had decided on doing a self-introduction exercise, writing as long of a speech as we can. It took me an hour and a half yesterday to write a mere 12 sentences in Korean. The sentence structure, grammar and vocabulary took the bulk of my mental workout. There’s so much more I want to say, but it’s difficult and takes such a large chunk of time for me to translate it into the Korean language.
I’ve done a few practice runs saying it out loud, trying to bring it up to speed with each try. The pace of my Korean reading is still slow, but practice makes perfect, especially when learning a new language. I hope he’d be open to the idea of having regular (perhaps weekly or fortnightly?) practice sessions.
Daily Focus Friday:Declutter Purse DayMorning
- Make the bed ✓
- Wash up, get dressed, brush hair ✓
- Hot Spot – 2 minutes ✓
- Room Rescue – 5 minutes
- Laundry ✓
- Toss any candy wrappers, scraps of paper, old receipts & used tissues ✓
- Shine sink ✓
- Hot Spot – 2 minutes
- Bedtime: before midnight ✓
- Evening Primrose Oil ✓
- Feed furballs ✓
- Read Rebecca✓ Chapter 16.
- Research projects ✓
- Voice chat practice with Korean pal @12pm ✓ He’s agreed to weekly 1-hour practice sessions!
- Get breakfast for tomorrow (donut?) ✓ Donut it is.
- Post timesheet ✓
- Attend lecture ✓
- Set morning alarm ✓
- NO caffeinated drinks! Drink lots of water! ✓
- Twice daily: Moisturise with Cetaphil Restoraderm ✓
- Once daily: Cleanse with antiseptic wash ✓
- Give Driclor a