smartstuff Since 2007
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
I took a few weeks of TaeKwonDo when I was pint-sized. I was not at all enthused. I have often thought I might like Akido, but have never bothered to sign up and see. And I would love to to TaiChi I think, someday.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Better. Sometimes you “level-up” in terms of your ability to attack life with full heart, and the resulting response from the universe feels worse, but it usually turns out for the best in the end.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Not if you get Necrotizing fasciitis
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
With a bucket. I’ve tried using a towel, but things still get drippy.
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Did somebody say “tangled holiday lights”?? Let me at them! I love detangling things.
Problems you can do something about (holiday lights) are much better than problems you are powerless to fix (lost luggage). I’ll take the lights every time.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
I forgot to call my dad for father’s day yesterday until after he went to bed. So pretty much, I suck.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
My parents are immortal gods. They’re not allowed to go anywhere.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Physically—yes very. Noticing subtext and unmentioned drama? ...I can be kind of dense.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
When I was three, the trees followed me home.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A box of crayons. A weather balloon. A magic wander maker.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
And a third, and a fourth, and a fifth. Nobody’s perfect, and nobody makes it without help.