Faustus movin' right along...
1. What did I learn last week?
I tend to leave issues to fix themselves maybe more often than I should.
2. What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week?
Organizing (some of) my thoughts; figuring out things that need to be done.
3. Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?
The festival; because I realized I can’t relax.
4. What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week?
Push B to deliver what he has promised.
5. What can I do right now to make the week less stressful?
Say no a few times, and empty the queue of past-due tasks.
6. What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week?
Not expressing myself well.
7. What was last week’s biggest time sink?
8. What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
Calling to adjust utilities. Thanking people.
9. What opportunities are still on the table?
Going home early.
10. Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to?
Yes (Many! Including R&N, O, S, E, AH)... still.
11. Is there anyone that deserves a big ‘Thank You’?
Yes. T, C, and the other T… (still!).
12. How can I help someone else this coming week?
Finish reviewing the paper (haven’t been the best “peer”!). Call up the AI group, they have been short of volunteers.
13. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 months? (July-August-September)
a. Get papers #1 and #2 published.
b. Regular training (now two runs a week; ideally, three times a week).
c. Reconnect with some old friends, be more open to new friendships.
14. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years?
a. Apply for (and get) the research grant.
b. Visit home.
c. Settle into a more stable job.
15. Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
Yes, but maybe not close enough.
16. What’s the next step for each goal?
a. Reading. Finding collaborators. Exchanging ideas with people.
b. Get travel prerequisites [?] sorted out.
c. Define research focus. Get some teaching creds. Arrange a session to talk with the liaison person.
17. What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week?
Dinner with V & S. Soccer with the team. If I can make it, pick-up soccer. Running with the group.
18. What are my fears?
That I could have done something.
19. What am I most grateful for?
20. What can I do to make life more beautiful?
Tidy the room (some done, more left). Have friends over at my house.