find at least one thing each day that makes me happy and record it everyday for a year (read all 1816 entries…)
Having a mother, being a mother
- Mother’s Day! Sunshine, bon-bons, flowers, and a beautiful homemade card from my sonflower.
- Visiting with my parents in White Rock, purple hydrangeas for mom. Sitting in the lilac perfumed yard with them and the twittering birds.
- A visit to see my MIL was a fiasco – it turned out she’d been taken to the hospital but no-one at the home had told us (again), it took forever to find where she was and what had happened, but we eventually located her and had a quick visit, brought her flowers. It looks like she’s going to be released soon, and there was an incredibly nice nurse there.
- The baby bleaching incident didn’t end horribly.
- Listening to 1930’s radio shows (like the Shadow) on the way home. It made the unexpected late night traffic jam easier to weather.
- Getting HOME.