...can be accomplished by showing someone something they’ve never seen, done, or tasted before. Roasting Brussels sprouts for someone who thought she didn’t much care for them, or showing someone a new yoga pose, or introducing someone to a new part of town all fall in this category for me: I rediscover it as they discover.
please tell me how you roast brussel sprouts
i want to love the tiny cabbages, but they always come out so bitter the way i do them.
Roasting Brussels sprouts is very simple:
Cut in half. Arrange on oven safe baking dish with cut side up.
Daub a little olive oil on top of every half.
Bake for 30 mins or so on 350 f (or its metric equivalent :-))
When they’re soft and slightly crispy, they’re ready.
love the simplicity!
yum & thanks!
I followed your instruction and made brussel sprouts the other night. I should admit: I thought they wouldn’t be very good. Too simple. In fact they were superb, and ‘twas so easy.
I'm happy you enjoyed them!
I made them the other day for my girlfriend, who thought that they were actually very enjoyable, as opposed to what she remembered from her youth. When I offered to make them again for her weeks later, she said, “well, they are good, but they are still Brussels sprouts. How about you make something else?” :-)
meditation7 has gotten 9 cheers on this entry.
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 9 months ago
- TechKat cheered this 9 months ago
- Cornucopia cheered this 9 months ago
- signora oye vey cheered this 9 months ago
- New Isabella cheered this 9 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 9 months ago
- cats5kids3 cheered this 9 months ago
- AFrayedKnot cheered this 9 months ago
- wembleyheads cheered this 9 months ago