Richard Tong is happy with my life
In my case, procrastination is actually a symptom of multiple causes:
1. Lack of efficient planning, especially lack of prioritization
2. Bad habits
3. Lack of self discipline
4. Fear or lack of confidence at certain tasks/situations
In order to correct and improve myself, I tried several steps:
1. Identify the causes by analyzing the situations when I got into the “wasting time” mode.
2. Prioritize the tasks and things that I find both more important and more interesting
3. Start the trigger whenever starting the wast time mode. For example, whenever I started to browse the sport page, I will trigger the replacement mode to read a article and watch a TED episode. Whenever I started online window-shopping, I would trigger to set a timer to complete the transaction
4. Make a 30-day plan to commit myself for each of the typical trigger.
5. Reflect each day to review the progress and give myself kudo for getting rid of each bad habit one at a time.