MargieMay is driving safely and mindfully.
After coming to the decision not to submit an offer on house #6 we planned to spend Saturday looking. I found a house on Friday evening via the real estate website Redfin that had just gone on the market that day. The price was solidly in range and it had just about everything that we were looking for: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2,000 sq ft, updated through out.
We took a tour and liked it immediately. It didn’t give us that same “madly in love” feeling of the last house but maybe that’s good. I think we learned the hard way not to get emotionally attached right away.
Our realtor came with an offer ready to be signed if we liked it so we reviewed it and decided to pull the trigger. This time we also included a personal letter describing us. We read that letters such as these can sway a seller in a traditional (non investor/flipped) sale when two offers come in at the same level. We are cautiously optimistic!
After seeing that house we went to look at another home: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, also about 2,000 sq ft. This house was located on a busy and windy street. We passed sheep on the way there! The neighborhood was definitely less suburban and more rural – all of the homes, including the one we saw was custom built.
And while there was nothing wrong with this place other than maybe the busy road and unlandscaped yard, I didn’t like it. It lacked warmth and had an odd layout (a great room/open concept kitchen with the bedrooms connected like spokes on a wheel). I wished there were more windows/natural light. Hubby was open to it as a possibility but I couldn’t see it as ours.
So, now we just have to wait and see if offer number two sticks! Fingers crossed!