So I’m still moving forward with this goal and my balance is going down. It’s just not moving as quickly as I wanted/hoped it would. I’m trying hard to keep my focus.
Andrea409 Find me on PopClogs!
I know how you feel.
It’s hard to not be discouraged when the results are slow. Try to take it in stride. It cheers me up to view each day that I stay on budget as a triumph, a mini-goal. It makes it easier for me to focus on small goals that lead up to the huge, overwhelming goal of conquering debt.
Hearing your feedback is very helpful. I think I’m going to try for a week to track my spending so I can see where I’m spending money. I have been getting down on myself every time I spend money enven when it’s for items that we need in the house. I know that I shouldn’t but it’s hard when I want to get these debts paid off so bad.
Sarah Kay all you need is love
Keep at it
Back when I worked in collections, we recommended paying 20% more than the bill to keep interest from piling up. I know it’s not always an option for everyone, but if you can afford to, do it, and you’ll see faster progress. Avoid credit consolidation. I can’t tell you how many people they, forgive my French, screwed over. Best of luck to you!
This is so helpful. I have just been trying to put as much as possible, but the 20% gives a nice goal to aim towards.
Plorange has gotten 10 cheers on this entry.
- brickhorse cheered this 4 months ago
- lifewithoutamap cheered this 5 months ago
- Sarah Kay cheered this 6 months ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 6 months ago
- writing to reach you cheered this 6 months ago
- AOK cheered this 6 months ago
- of_journeys cheered this 6 months ago
- TG cheered this 6 months ago
- WaltzingMarie cheered this 6 months ago
- Andrea409 cheered this 6 months ago