Saraband savouring the simple things
Wednesday. A strange, dream-laden night. A sluggish slow-to-wake up start to the morning. A day that improved as it went along :-)
Joys, gratitude and happiness:
- lovely encouraging support from my walking group ladies. I shall get back to them soon! 3 walks from home in 3 days this week. Looking good…
- breathing mindfully, feeling the impact of increased activity, knowing that’s a positive sign. Ongoing great blood sugar results – fantastic!
- drinking in the sights and sounds of high summer in the English countryside: wide blue skies; golden fields – of ripened grain or bird-flecked stubble; dusty green trees; the drone of a light plane in an infinite sky; the mewing cries of a pair of birds of prey disturbed as I passed under the tree in which they sat; watching them fly low on strong wings; warm sunshine on my back; soughing breezes in the branches…
- taking the plunge and starting a blog where I can save my gratitudes. I’ve been thinking about doing this for ages. I’ve finally set it up and am copying over the entries from here. So good to revisit these entries :-)
- book club: always fun, it seemed particularly
unrulylively this evening. In a good way!
‘When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.’ ~Marcus Aurelius