Sessygail Will be forever grateful for 43Things.
It is with a heavy heart but a truly grateful spirit that I commit to this site this final entry of things for which I am grateful:
1. I am grateful for 125 cheers for my “Convince My Husband that Geeky and Cute Are not Mutually Exclusive Goal.”
2. I am grateful for the beautiful, the wise and wonderful, the smart, the witty, the complex, the loving, the supportive people I have met here on 43T.
3. I am grateful for the camaraderie that we have shared here, even until the last minute.
4. I am grateful to have a record of some of the happiest and some of the most difficult times of my life because I recorded them here.
5. I am grateful for having this wonderfully safe place to deposit my rage and my misery and my angst about being a stepmother and about the despicable man and about the time in the dark woods with a very difficult employee and about all the other things that would have kept me up at night but for having found a place to safely put them.
6. I am grateful for having this wonderfully joyful place to deposit my joys and silliness and my hopes so that when I am filled with rage, misery and angst, I can always be reminded that there is something more.
And I am most deeply grateful for finding out that reflecting on the multitude of things for which I am grateful is the best therapy in the world. This practice is now a core part of my being and it will remain so forevermore.
Thank you 43Things. Thank you wonderful cheerleaders. Thank you dear friends who I have never met. I will go to bed now with a grateful heart but a tear rolling down my cheek, knowing that when I awake in the morning, this place will be like an old chalkboard in a long abandoned schoolhouse…carrying the dusty impressions of words recorded long ago, never to be written on again.