I agree with Namasternerd’s comments however, sure you can choose to be depressed and choose to be happy; but how do you make that choice?
I am getting better but I am not cured, you can’t just snap your fingers and say, “depression go away” it won’t.
1) Exercise you mind and body
2) Journal your thoughts, you will have negative thoughts, you can’t make them go away, society lives and breathes on negativity in the world? Can you? No, murderers, bank robbers, cruel and inhumane people that;’s what newspapers and AOL reports not someone found a flower grow in the sidewalk!
3) Decide on therapy and don’;t be afraid of your therapist, if you can’t trust them, they are not for you, find someone who will work for you.
4) Decide on meds or o meds, therapy works best being on anti-depressants just so you know.
5) become a social animal, meet friends, meet people everyday, pet a dog or cat, it reduces BP.
6) try to get as much sun as you can be outdoors as much as you can.
7) trust your friends and share with them that you need their help as much as your family’s help.
8) Good luck!
9) Link to helpful depression quiz