www.bubbletimer.com/ Focus on the activities you value. Manage time with BubbleTimer.
How to stop wasting time
How I did it: I think I just grew up. But really I had some techniques at first to force myself to not waste time when it was most tempting like when I had a book that was hard to put down, a nasty exam to study for or if I was in a lazy mood. I always feel better when I do something constructive. Now that I work 40 hours a week, my free time has become very precious and I try to make the most of it.
Lessons & tips:
- Setting a timer for 15min can really work when you have a specific task to do.
- Ask yourself what good your current activity will do you in one day or one year. If it isn't doing you any good then do something else.
- Baby steps. Setting goals too high is discouraging.
- Take breaks and/or reward yourself. Sometimes it's easier to start a task with an end in sight.
- Give yourself a fresh start--don't think about how much time you've already wasted, it can also be discouraging.