How to meditate daily
How I did it: I made up my mind to spend 10-15 minutes on myself every day. Mainly to get in touch with myself, but also to refill my energy and hopefully become a more pleasant person to be around.
I do a rather simple mindfulness meditation for 10-15 minutes every day. Since it's so short it's usually no problem finding time for it during the day. I usually do it right after getting up in the morning. I've been doing it every day for three months now and I wouldn't want to be without it again!
Lessons & tips: Just make up your mind and try and make it a routine. 10-15 minutes should be doable even with a busy schedule (and even more important to take that time if that's the case).
This is how I usually do it:
Resources: The book Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wherever-You-There-are-Mindfulness/dp/0749925485/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280174909&sr=1-2)
Arctica has gotten 10 cheers on this entry.
- wildwildhorses cheered this 5 months ago
- Monika cheered this 22 months ago
- LunacyBleeding cheered this 3 years ago
- FellowHumanBeing cheered this 3 years ago
- stareyedpanda cheered this 3 years ago
- Yasmine31 cheered this 3 years ago
- Rhoswen cheered this 4 years ago
- colourful soul cheered this 4 years ago
- deeloouise cheered this 4 years ago
- drasticfantastic cheered this 4 years ago