How to go to burning man
"Bought my tickets in January, then spent much of the year - or most of the summer planning and sewing and making and building. Then I went!"
How I did it:
- I found a dear friend who had been before and got expert advice
- I saved up my bubble gum money for all the various expenses
- I sewed fabulous costumes anytime I could get the chance
- I bit the bullet no matter how many times it seemed infeasible and DID IT!
Lessons & tips:
- Find burners in your community and be brave to connect. Burners are the most open people ever and they'll be happy to have you and teach you.
- Bring more water than you think you need
- Get your tix in January - you're more likely to commit
- Get on craigslist to find stuff you need
- research everyone and their brothers "burning man essentials list"
- Find out when your local thrift stores have sales, and hit them up on the regular. And remember you can modify anything you buy to suit what you need.
- get your to do/to bring list figured out early - like, January. Then start checking essentials off the list as you shop throughout the year that way you don't need to drop a TON of money on supplies right before you go.
- Get a hotel in Reno for the day you leave the burn, trust me on this one.
- Burning Man website
- Burning Man forums
- Local Swap Meets
- Local thrift stores
- Regional Burners
- Google google google
1 person found this helpful
Steezbanana has gotten 8 cheers on this entry.
- stephiewonder cheered this 21 months ago
- Ashlee cheered this 2 years ago
- Starsdude cheered this 2 years ago
- chipmunkfreak cheered this 2 years ago
- MoominLa cheered this 2 years ago
- brownsugarbear01 cheered this 2 years ago
- leaveittokfed cheered this 2 years ago
- the_white_rabbit cheered this 2 years ago