www.shopping.hp.com/ Buy Intel® Core™ Powered Laptops Direct from HP for Our Best Deals!
www.sony.com/Intel Upgrade Now to a Sony PC with a Faster Processor & Intel® Inside
www.dell.com/MemorialDay Save Up To 32% on Computers w/ Intel® Core™. This Weekend Only!
www.wolfenstein.com/ The Original FPS Franchise Reignited. Watch Official Trailer.
aolsearch.com/Cheap+New+Computers Get your results now! Search Cheap New Computers
How to buy a new computer
How I did it: I knew from the beginning that I couldn't afford anything brand new so I looked for used. I tried Ebay but chose an ex-government second hand place here in town. I was still tossing up spending $600 on a new-to-me computer. To me, that was a lot of money to drop on something that would essentially just be used for playing my favourite video game.
Then my boyfriend sent me a photo of an ad he saw in a shop window. It had the perfect specs, Windows XP and it was a budget price at $149. All I'd need to supply would be a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I bought it and we tested it.
My boyfriend gave me a spare power cable that I needed and I bought myself a shiny keyboard and mouse. My monitor, although old, came from my Dad who hoards computer gear.
All in all, this "new" computer cost me about $169.00!
Lessons & tips:
- Know exactly what specs you need. See if you can upgrade your current machine. Do a thorough clean of your current machine - uninstall old programs, back up photos, make CDs etc.
- Check the local paper for ads and keep your eyes peeled for ads in stores.
- Ask friends and family if they have any old computer gear or try a used computer store.
- A gently used computer might be just what you need and easier on the wallet than a $1000+ machine.
- Loved ones
- Used computer mart website
- Game specs
Lou M. has gotten 1 cheer on this entry.
- yogagal1 cheered this 2 months ago