www.healthylifestylechef.com/ Learn how to prepare vegan meals with our vegan cooking classes!
wow.com/How+To+Become+Vegetarian How To Become Vegetarian Find Fast Results Here!
ask.com/How+To+Become+A+Vegetarian Explore How To Become A Vegetarian. Get Answers Now on Ask.com.
www.universalclass.com/ Learn at Your Own Pace - Start Now Instructor-Led, Online Courses
How to become vegitarian
How I did it: I simply decided to drop meat cold turkey. After a few times of giving in to temptation, then being regretful, it got easier. I had to keep it in my mind that I really wanted to become a vegetarian. So, now I am.
Lessons & tips:
- Although it was relatively easy for me, since I didn't like meat much to start out with, if you are a practical carnivore, or even distantly related to being a carnivore, I'd suggest that you start out slowly. Give up things that you might have eaten but not ever particularly enjoyed, or something that you don't think you'll miss that much.
- Spell "vegetarian" correctly to avoid regretting making a goal spelled like this later. :)
- Explain to people that you're a vegetarian. You will have critics, but once people begin to understand you, and your reasons (whatever they may be), it will make it easier for them to accept, and will ultimately make it easier for you to accomplish. Don't give in to people thinking that it's a stupid idea, or those who tempt you.
- A horrible way of thinking that works: imagine whatever you're eating while it was a living baby. It's harder to eat a fluffy yellow chick or a calf that is just learning how to walk.
- Don't get too fed up if people think you're going vegan if you're only going vegetarian (but, if you are going vegan, woo hoo! Good for you!) and explain the difference to them.
- Imagine a food chain. Yeah, you know the one - the one that you made in 7th grade when you learned about photosynthesis. Now, remember that it begins with the sun. Remember that the sun is awesome, and you want to be awesome too. Now remember that every level down you go, the consumer gains only 10% of the total energy of the plant/animal. Now, if you eat lots of animals, you're not close to the sun (awesome) on that food chain, and aren't getting as much energy. But, if you eat plants, you've got just that little barrier between you and the sun! Yea, go food chains!
- The hardest things to overcome are our own temptations. Keep your goal in your sight all of the time, and it will get easier, even if your start might be rough. Don't give up just because you gave in once.
Resources: Girl scouts! It helped to be around a troop that was mostly supportive of my decision, and had other vegetarians as well. We discussed different diet choices, and began looking into food production and the environment. It really made me feel good to have a constant support.