How to do my taxes
How I did it: Year 2010 tax filling which was due on 4-18-2011 was a simple year for me and opted for standard deduction instead. Hence, it was an easy task. Just self filling via the TaxACT website.
Turn out I got a tiny amount of refund ($300) from the STATE of CALIFORNIA. Yippeed.
I always have a folder that's said: TAX related, where I throw all receipts that might be eligible for deductions, etc...in here. When it comes to tax filling, I just that folder out and review it one last time and see if I'll be applying that deductions?
I also have a separate folders for all the expenses (bills), by year. The in placed system of organization really helps when it comes to locate the supporting document.
Lessons & tips:
- Have a folder made for tax.
- Compile all W-2s, 1099, etc...
- All donations receipts, expense (if itemized)
- Online Tax filling service
- Well organized related documents helped
aisa_basia has gotten 1 cheer on this entry.
- sjgreen80 cheered this 2 years ago