www.harley-davidson.com/riders-edge Visit the Official H-D® Site and Find Rider's Edge® Training Class
www.safetycouncilpbc.org/ Get your endorsement for $250 State-certified, fun training
www.metrotrafficschool.com/ Safe, Easy and Convenient Lessons. Free pick up & drop off.
How to learn to ride a motorcycle
How I did it: Plenty of practice and assistance from my elder brother. It is mainly about balancing the bike and maintaining the right gears at the right speeds. My brother's bike was available and he was willing to teach me. So we hit the road a plenty of times each week. I learnt the basics on a deserted football ground before driving in traffic. Try commuting to closer destinations whenever possible. It'll boost your confidence.
Lessons & tips: Get a simple bike, one that's not too expensive and not brand new
(Something you wouldn't worry about much if you thrashed it completely) .
GET A HELMET!!
Get some one who already knows how to drive one and can ride with you
and give you tips. (This is necessary if you have no previous experience of driving one)
Find a decent stretch of road with very little traffic to practice. (Open fields can do too)
It gets easier. Whenever in doubt, hit the clutch and then the brakes.
Try and drive at a speed at which you can halt immediately if required. Maintaining your distance and looking around in traffic is a must.
Resources: My elder brother.
kordakvanthroos has gotten 13 cheers on this entry.
- applepie cheered this 1 week ago
- Lina cheered this 2 months ago
- arachnera cheered this 2 years ago
- woodstockdc cheered this 2 years ago
- FTJoshua cheered this 2 years ago
- Dragon_Lady cheered this 2 years ago
- mrcreed cheered this 2 years ago
- TashaBlue cheered this 2 years ago
- stareyedpanda cheered this 2 years ago
- kmar cheered this 2 years ago
- ts1590 cheered this 2 years ago
- Ivan Opalka cheered this 2 years ago
- nevadagirlamber cheered this 2 years ago