www.humusking.com/ Spring Sale, Free Shipping. Recycle kitchen scraps into soil
wormcompostbins.hayneedle.com/ Huge Selection of Worm Compost Bins & Accessories. Shop Now & Save 30%!
www.gardensalive.com/Coupon Buy Now & Save - Today Only. $25 Free - When you Shop Now!
How I did it: We vermi-composted when the kids were small. It's a fun, interesting activity that produces stuff worth it's weight in gold (if you garden). The year we did this my tomato plants were twice as big as usual.
So I tried to find the old system (a simple bin with aeration) and couldn't. So I purchased this stacking system instead. It seemed great because it has 3 tiers and a nozzle for collecting the liquid (composters call it 'tea'...you can put it on your plants.
BUT...It seems more complicated to feed the worms and harvest the compost, and we don't like it as much as the old bin, where you just threw stuff in, and got the 'dirt' out.... Simpler is better, in our opinion.
Plus, my pug eats the nozzle. It's a mangled mess that I can't get any 'tea' out of anymore :)
Lessons & tips: We say: Simpler is better. A bin with aeration, newspaper, and vegetable waste is all you really need. And worms, of course.
Resources: I'll post pictures later. But if you google "Worms Eat my Garbage" OR "Vermicomposting" or "Redworm Composting", you will get more information than you ever wanted to know on this topic!
andi_dufresne has gotten 15 cheers on this entry.
- Joe Goldberg cheered this 2 years ago
- raindropletshine cheered this 2 years ago
- beauty11 cheered this 2 years ago
- ~ John Lee ~ cheered this 2 years ago
- Pearl14256 cheered this 2 years ago
- Forester321 cheered this 2 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 2 years ago
- Jun Kit Man cheered this 2 years ago
- Simon Hayes cheered this 2 years ago
- TG cheered this 2 years ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 2 years ago
- Demidog cheered this 2 years ago
- sekhmet1970 cheered this 2 years ago
- kmar cheered this 2 years ago
- Cats&Scales cheered this 2 years ago