www.nationalitlearningcentre.com/ Study Online Courses, Improve Your Skills And Knowledges Today.
www.amazon.com/ Buy the croquet player at Amazon! Free Shipping on Qualified Orders.
www.wow.com/Croquet+How+To+Play Search for Croquet How To Play Look Up Quick Results Now!
www.planetside2.com/ Ground-breaking MMOFPS Reinvented. Planetside 2 is Here! Play Free Now
How to learn to play croquet
How I did it: This goal came about as there is a croquet set in the garden of the new house. I thought we might as well make use of it whilst the option was there.
Lessons & tips:
- Hold the mallet with left hand at the top of the stick and your right hand a third of the way down.
- Stand with your feet apart with your toes level and in line with the ball (apparently this is "a matter of style").
- Lean forward from the waist.
- The landlord kept pronouncing it cro-kee (rather than cro-kay). Maybe that's how you say it if you've got a country pile and a fondness for waxed jackets...
- The word croquet is French. If your ball hits another ball it makes *roquet* and you can pick it up and put it next to another ball. When you knock your ball so that the other ball moves too it's called *croquet*.
- Apparently there's a 'nice' and a 'nasty' way of playing the game. In the nice version you simply follow the course and focus on getting from A to B. In the nasty version you try to knock your opponent's ball off course through *roquet* and *croquet*...
- Helpful and friendly landlord (who may or may not have been procrastinating to put off painting the bathroom wall)...
- Mallets, croquet balls and hoops.