How I did it: Since joining 43things I've always been fascinated by this goal. What would I tell my future self? Would she still relate to me now?
Using Letter2me, a website I was reccomended through 43 things I spent a good couple of hours typing up my letter on friday.
What appealed to me the most was they give you the option of posting your letter to you. I've always loved getting a letter and find it much more personel then receiving an email especially when your inbox can be full of junk and advertisments.
I kept what I wrote light & upbeat & relevent. I reminded myself that I do have the abbilities to do all I can and that I must work hard to achieve what I want.
I can't remember everything I wrote now which I like because I want it to be a suprise. My letter is due to turn up in 3 months, a couple of days before my 31st birthday. I hope it will be the kick start I need to give myself more motivation and drive to stop making excuses and get on with enjoying my life.
Lessons & tips:
- With letter2me you can also send an email rather then a posted letter. An email allows you to fill with 60,000 text and even attach a photo.
- I wish I'd thought more about what I wanted to write before I sat down to do it. A letter is only allowed 2000 text so it was hard to decide what to leave in and what to take out.
- They allow you to keep your letter private or make it public. Being able to read other letters from across the world was a lovely expereince. Reading that most want the same as me was uplifting.
- Live each day the best you can and don't waste a singe second. I wish I could have told myself that years ago.
- 43 Things website
dec80 has gotten 10 cheers on this entry.
- applepie cheered this 2 years ago
- monkeysumner cheered this 3 years ago
- The Chocolate Girl! cheered this 3 years ago
- lyrnsync cheered this 3 years ago
- whahappen cheered this 3 years ago
- Gobolino cheered this 3 years ago
- Explorer Soul cheered this 3 years ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 3 years ago
- HPalways cheered this 3 years ago
- cazanna cheered this 3 years ago