(This comment was deleted.)
How to lose 10 lbs
"A weight has been lifted...literally!"
How I did it:
- I did my research on portion size and servings in order to figure out how much I was supposed to be eating on a daily basis.
- I cut out meat, alcohol and processed drinks entirely. I eat starches sporadically.
- I listen to my body. I only eat when I'm hungry. I eat what I'm craving (or a healthy substitute), and I stop eating when I'm full.
- I drink when I'm thirsty. I try to drink right before and after meals.
- I stuck with this plan for 8 weeks and will continue to stick with it.
Lessons & tips: No more red meat!
- I became a vegetarian. However, if you must eat meat, white meat is much leaner.
- Substitute meat with other sources of protein, such as; beans, legumes, spinach and nuts.
- Most supermarkets sell meat substitutes that look and taste nearly
identical to regular meat. They make substitutes that taste and look
like ground beef, chicken and even sausage. Check your local markets to see the variety.
- Since I quit drinking 8 months ago, I look and feel so much healthier. Cutting out
alcohol alone helped me drop some weight. Alcohol is loaded with sugar
and calories. However, if you don't want to give up a glass of red
wine (as in a single glass) a night, don't sweat it. One glass of red wine a night is actually very good for your cardiovascular system. One
beer a night is also good. But no more than that.
- I don't drink any processed drinks. This includes concentrated juices, soda and anything with caffeine. I try my best to drink only water and freshly squeezed juice. I also enjoy green tea with a little honey or agave nectar.
- I cut out bread, rice, pasta and cereal from my diet. That stuff doesn't provide your body much to thrive off of. It is merely there to expand in your stomach for energy. You're not missing much if you replace them with fruit and veggies.
- Sweet potatoes are considered a starch. However, they are packed with nutrients, and this makes them an exception.
- Open your hand, and look at the inside of your palm. The area there covers the amount of protein you should be
consuming. About a handful of beans, nuts or a thick piece of meat
about the size of your palm is equal to one serving. You need 3-5
servings of protein a day.
- Your entire hand including your fingers covers the amount of fruit and vegetables you should be consuming. Picture a plate that is big enough to cover your
entire hand. You should fill that plate with fruit 2-3 times a day,
and veggies 3 times to as many times as your heart desires a day.
- If you ball up your hand into a fist, that's the size of the sweet potato you should be consuming. Your fist is equal to one serving of starches.
- Sometimes, we get bored and look inside the fridge for something to get into. I was guilty of this and attempted to break myself of this habit. Eat only when your hungry. Eat until you're full, and stop. Then repeat.
- When choosing your meals, eat what you're craving. It doesn't
matter what time of day it is. If you're craving something sweet like
candy or chocolate, eat a serving of fruit. Chocolate covered
strawberries or a mango might do the trick. If you're craving something
salty like chips, eat some vegetables. A salad with carrot shavings
for crunch could work out nicely. If you're craving something savory
like a burger or mac and cheese, try a sweet potato with cinnamon or a
- Drink when you're thirsty. Sometimes we forget this simple
instruction. The more hydrated you are, the more energy you will have.
The more energy you have, the less you will have to eat. Try to drink
before and after meals. You'll feel better, and lose weight faster!
2 people found this helpful
Glo Torres has gotten 19 cheers on this entry.
- yearend cheered this 13 months ago
- ForeverRoaming cheered this 18 months ago
- katpurnell cheered this 19 months ago
- SimplicityInTheLBC cheered this 19 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 19 months ago
- lyrnsync cheered this 19 months ago
- LadySlipper cheered this 19 months ago
- Holly cheered this 19 months ago
- Biddly Bong cheered this 19 months ago
- CRGHH cheered this 19 months ago
- 1RL cheered this 19 months ago
- DaveDavidson cheered this 19 months ago
- Dawn Michelle x3 cheered this 19 months ago
- Hyacinth Girl cheered this 19 months ago
- embracing_freedom_fully cheered this 19 months ago
- itsasecret cheered this 19 months ago
- Spyrunner cheered this 19 months ago
- JodieSparkes cheered this 19 months ago
- ItchyFeet cheered this 19 months ago