www.whenwordscountretreat.com/ Meet an Agent in Person. Four Days, Three Nights at VT Writing Retreat.
www.findpublishinghelp.com/ Find Companies That Can Help Publish And Market Your Book Now!
www.searchforpublishers.com/ Get Matched With A Literary Agent That Is Right For You Today!
www.archwaypublishing.com/ New From Simon & Schuster and AS. Find Paths to Success w/o an Agent
www.liferichpublishing.com/ LifeRich, from Reader’s Digest, Inc Committed to helping writers.
How I did it: Not by writing a book and mailing it straight out. I read and thought and wrote, edited, edited, edited some more. I read lots of authors who are very successful in my genre and constantly read great writers so that any influences were positive ones.
Lessons & tips: If you think this method would work for you, in essence it is: read lots, edit your work by 50% and target a single agent for a good reason.
Resources: The web. Check out agents online. Read who they represent, who they like, any quirks and interests they have. Show interest in them if you want them to show interest in you.
cherys has gotten 12 cheers on this entry.
- snowylandscape cheered this 2 years ago
- doctorofwords cheered this 2 years ago
- AnRout Depi Madi cheered this 2 years ago
- sharas cheered this 2 years ago
- californiajoy cheered this 2 years ago
- katpurnell cheered this 2 years ago
- CassieJaye cheered this 2 years ago
- AutumAsh cheered this 2 years ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 2 years ago
- iheart bliss cheered this 2 years ago
- PepperyJasmine cheered this 2 years ago
- Euphemia cheered this 2 years ago