www.ask.com/Starting+A+Compost+Pile Over 100 Million Visitors. Discover and Explore on Ask.com!
www.fivestarcarting.com/ Waste & Recycling servcies, all paper,cardboard,metal,plastic&trash
www.ehow.com/ Search for How To Start Composting eHow, Tips From People Like You.
www.flaroccaandsons.com/ Landscaping - Drainage - Drywells French Drain and Trench Drain
How to start composting
How I did it: We moved from our apartment into a little duplex, so now we have a backyard. I had some leftover chicken-wire from a sculpture I did (but it's cheap anyway), so I rolled it into a wide cylinder and twist it a few inches into the ground. Throughout the day, we keep our food scraps in a bowl in the fridge, and when it gets full we simply go out and dump it into the bin! It's good to stir it once in a while, but not necessary. Nature will eventually do its magic, and you'll have soil that's rich in nutrients.
Lessons & tips: one great thing that happens is, when we throw seeds in, like say, the top part of a bell pepper, a million little plants start to sprout right in the compost! we pull them out a replant them in pots.
Resources: youtube videos...
eattulipswithspoons has gotten 12 cheers on this entry.
- Cora_and_Clarice cheered this 15 months ago
- spiraljetty cheered this 15 months ago
- CRGHH cheered this 15 months ago
- mavillahermo cheered this 15 months ago
- alexljsanders cheered this 15 months ago
- sekhmet1970 cheered this 15 months ago
- Sunscour cheered this 15 months ago
- mouse_on_fire cheered this 15 months ago
- katpurnell cheered this 15 months ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 15 months ago
- Matthew cheered this 15 months ago
- Kay cheered this 15 months ago