How to become vegetarian
How I did it: One day, I just decided that I would give up meat and I did it that same day. I still ate some fish occasionally, but I've given that up now as well. It's very rewarding because i think about how each person not eating meat helps animals and I love when people ask me questions about it or don't understand because it gives me an opportunity to educate people about it.
Lessons & tips:
- when you think you might want to do it, just do it! Don't procrastinate or say you'll start next week or next month, because then you'll never do it.
- It's easier than you think to give up meat
- Every time you feel the urge to eat meat or you're tempted, just imagine the animal that had to suffer for the meat to be available to you
- There are many fake meat products out there that are great replacements for meat
- Try to connect with other vegetarians in your school or work who can support you in making food choices and who can be there with you and have the same requirements as you
- Burger King, A&W, Subway, Wendy's (ask them to take the meat off the salad), Opa, and most fancier restaurants have vegetarian options
- the PETA website http://www.peta.org/
- the vegetarian starter kit from PETA http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/free-vegetarian-starter-kit-friend.aspx
- Benefits: http://vegetarian.lifetips.com/cat/62069/benefits-of-a-vegetarian-diet/index.html
Emma has gotten 9 cheers on this entry.
- mavillahermo cheered this 16 months ago
- doggles cheered this 16 months ago
- Beginnings Here cheered this 16 months ago
- PepperyJasmine cheered this 16 months ago
- candiedsky cheered this 16 months ago
- Bilal Al-Bakri cheered this 16 months ago
- stareyedpanda cheered this 16 months ago
- jincrumb cheered this 16 months ago
- Pariya cheered this 16 months ago