www.openbay.com/auto-repair-quotes Get Auto Repair Quotes From Local, Trusted Mechanics. Try For Free!
www.localbiznow.com/ See Current Service Combo Specials at Dodge, Chrysler & Jeep Dealers.
www.ask.com/Diagnose+My+Car+Problem Diagnose My Car Problem. Discover and Explore on Ask.com!
repairs.monro.com/ Save with our coupons and specials! Expert automobile repair services.
www.allriteautobody.com/ 30+ Years, Full Body and Paint Boston, Cambridge, Somerville
How to fix my car
How I did it: Finally got some extra $ from our tax return and bit the bullet to fix the car. It had been sitting for over a year! When I first stopped driving, it was because the brake master cylinder had a bad leak and it was unsafe to continue driving. I was starting it every week to make sure it stayed somewhat fresh, when it stopped starting! By the time the mechanic got to it, it needed a new gas tank, fuel pump, master cylinder, brake pads & rotors, spark plugs, hoses, and connectors, plus it had a bad front wheel bearing and the clutch safety switch had to be replaced (that was what was causing it not to start). Over $800 work was caused by just leaving the car sitting! The master cylinder was only $3-400!
Lessons & tips: Don't leave your car sitting if you can help it. Always try to start it a couple times a week if it can be. That will hopefully prevent other things going wrong than the initial problem.
Resources: Knowledgeable mechanics.
Poptart has gotten 11 cheers on this entry.
- Collectorofcats cheered this 15 months ago
- Butterfly cheered this 15 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 15 months ago
- katpurnell cheered this 15 months ago
- alexljsanders cheered this 15 months ago
- K82345 cheered this 15 months ago
- Maddie83 cheered this 15 months ago
- sekhmet1970 cheered this 15 months ago
- LadySlipper cheered this 15 months ago
- Castastrophe cheered this 15 months ago
- Pariya cheered this 15 months ago