How I did it: Now, it's not easy telling a friend that you don't want to be friends with them because of their behavior, but, sometimes, it's better to be that person to walk away instead of hearing "my life sucks..I hate my life.. I'm a nobody..". I use to have friends who were exactly like this. It literally annoyed me, until, well, we weren't friends anymore. I would find myself exhausted and bored of this behavior, so this is when I found people who suited my personality. It was the best choice for my own sake. Even though it has been 4 years I have dealt with my fair share of negative people.
Lessons & tips: If you're friend keeps nagging with negativity, my advice is run for the hills. That negative behavior will slowly creep up on you and slowly make you negative. It's physically exhausting. Although you must watch out for behaviors that aren't "negative" a friend may be going through depression and it is important that, through thick and thin, you should be there for them.
Resources: some of the things that have helped me is just hanging out with other people. Try changing it up a little bit. Also if you know anybody with serious depression and is having suicidal thoughts contact a local hospital.
chenelle Carr has gotten 14 cheers on this entry.
- ladyexctasy cheered this 12 months ago
- Kay cheered this 13 months ago
- outoftheclouds cheered this 13 months ago
- itsasecret cheered this 13 months ago
- Butterfly cheered this 13 months ago
- Thilds cheered this 13 months ago
- The Hermit cheered this 13 months ago
- Yonja cheered this 13 months ago
- Spatz cheered this 13 months ago
- CRGHH cheered this 13 months ago
- idkbrblol cheered this 13 months ago
- ideclaire cheered this 13 months ago
- renewalsh cheered this 13 months ago
- SimplicityInTheLBC cheered this 13 months ago