www.masterwriter.com/ MasterWriter takes your poetry from good to great. Free Trial.
www.about.com/How+To+Right+A+Poem How To Right A Poem Search Now! Over 60 Million Visitors.
How to write a poem
How I did it:
- Thinking of lists of words that rhyme
- If they remind you of someone or something, write more words, then use a thesaurus to find synonyms
- Find pairs that rhyme
- Write honestly and truthfully
- Enjoy yourself! (writing in a group or with friends is great because you have so many ideas)
Lessons & tips:
- write about your own life and experiences
- you don't have to rhyme, but counting out the syllables and giving your poem rhythm really helps
- funny poems are always good ;)
- honest friends
- family for beta reads!
- having interesting experiences/people to write about