"'You more than anybody else deserve your love and affection'"
How I did it: I said, I realised,
How I treated myself
What I thought of myself
What I said about myself in front of others
Deliberately dumbing myself down for others
Had so much effect on my confidence, my self-esteem
Confidence, you see, has to be laced with elegance.
The messages I told myself, how I treated myself set the standard in which people treated me which then changed how I thought about myself which made me less confident.
It was all a viscous cycle and to break this cycle, I realised that I've got to accept myself unconditionally. The world as I see it is a reflection of how I view myself.When I saw myself as hopeless, ugly, defenceless, my world was that way
When I saw myself as beautiful, resourceful, kind-hearted and never-ending, my world appeared to be that way..
Opportunities were everywhere and it was much more easier to drop people who made me feel less than what I believed myself to be
Lessons & tips:
- Realise that you and your potential are limitless
- What other people say/do cannot effect you unless you allow it to be so
- Separate yourself from your actions and work you produce
- Drop negative people who want to do nothing but cause you harm; people doing something with their lives and are confident don't have time to hate on others
- Don't take pride in hurting others, your confidence has to be a stable horse, only dependent on what you internally believe
- Create, create and keep creating
- Do things you love doing and spend time/ money on yourself each and everyday
- Challenge yourself and only yourself
2 people found this helpful