How to control my jealousy
How I did it: We're constantly comparing ourselves; we either compare ourselves to those we deem less than us to make us feel better
Lessons & tips:
- Don't use other people's misfortune as a way to feel enlightened or happy; this will surely change
- Feel happy that you are you.
- You're not on an invisible hierarchy
- It's not up to anyone to realise your worth; that's your job
- Realise what other people say and do cannot touch you, unless you internally believe it
- The only person you need to challenge is yourself. In the race of life, you're racing against...you
- Learn new skills, set yourself new challenges
- Admire talent, skill, beauty in other doesn't diminish your own. In fact, it highlights your own. The power of appreciating another shows a strong sense of self-assurance
- Identify the root-cause..what is your self-image like? What do you think of yourself?
hardyharr still here
I kinda like the idea of competing against myself. :)
I’m usually very supportive of wanting everyone to win/have a good time… and haven’t liked competition. But I think I’m gonna try competing with myself … not sure what it means really, just sounds intriguing.
I think I’ll start tomorrow. Unless the other me is starting tonight…. might not want her to have a head start. ;-)
Thanks for the intriguing and inspiring post.