How I did it: I got a job as study advisor in a language training school a couple years ago. The job required me to talk a lot. Whenever a new student came, I had to try let him/her put down his/her guard. Most students liked me there as they felt comfortable around me. I think part of the reason was because I have a baby face and I'm naturally a gentle person. I care about people and I'm very good at listening. I'm not a self-centred person at all. I respect people and never judge them.
Lessons & tips:
- Smile. Smile is the best ice breaker.
- Listen. Listen to others and respond to what they say show them you're interested.
- Talk. That awarkward silence is not fun. Try to think of something funny or something that might be interested to the person you are with.
- Give compliments.
- Confident and be yourself.
- Be there when people need you.