www.potomacconcierge.com/ Professional Organization Service in DC, VA & MD. Call Today.
www.clutterrx.net/ Results-Oriented, Cost Effective Professional Organizer for Metro DC
www.decluttr.com/ Trade Your Used DVDs, CDs, & Video Games For Cash Today! No Auction.
www.clutterhoardingcleanup.com/ Having Clutter Problems? Call Us. Address Our Mess Clutter Removal.
www.ecogreencleaningservice.com/ We create clean and healthy homes Call Now for your free quote
How I did it: I started by removing almost everything that was non-furniture from my office. I completely cleared my desk and sorted paperwork into somewhat related piles to be dealt with at a later time. I did the same thing with everything else that did not seem to have a proper home including:
-misc devices and cords
-bank statements (business and personal)
Once my office was completely cleared, I thoroughly dusted, vacuumed, wiped and even cleaned the hardwood floors.
I proceeded to further sort my multitude of piles of paper into items that needed to be kept (filed or scanned) and items that didn't. For those that didn't, I either recycled or shredded them. This was a very long process, but it eventually led to all paper work being in its proper place and ready to be accessible.
I then methodically started bringing things back into the office and putting them into a legitimate spot where they belonged. If I couldn't find a spot, it was probably because it didn't belong in the office and so I put it in the basement or where it belonged.
Lessons & tips: The main lessons that I learned were:
-it is so much easier to maintain an organized office with simple systems to keep things in their proper place than it is to let everything get out of control and then try to fix it!
-no matter how organized and neat one is, the office will always need a thorough cleaning AT LEAST once a year and regular light cleaning more often
callbell has gotten 12 cheers on this entry.
- Spatz cheered this 21 months ago
- Butterfly cheered this 21 months ago
- K82345 cheered this 21 months ago
- TangerineRose cheered this 21 months ago
- aprilsunshinegal cheered this 21 months ago
- SimplicityInTheLBC cheered this 21 months ago
- FabulousRaye cheered this 21 months ago
- CRGHH cheered this 21 months ago
- Hyacinth Girl cheered this 21 months ago
- whitelotus75 cheered this 21 months ago
- smartstuff cheered this 21 months ago
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 21 months ago