"From depressed drop out to hopeful scholarship winner.."
How I did it: In the year I promised I would turn myself around I managed to:
- go from dropping out of school to winning awards, scholarships and a bursary
- found and maintained employment
- got my driver's license and a car
- maintained a relationship (one year next week!)
- lost and kept off fifteen pounds
- started volunteering
- opened a bank account and saved money
- rid myself of anxiety and depression without drugs
- made friends and (gasp!) enjoyed myself around people
I don't know how to explain how. I let myself tread water for a long time. I didn't do anything for months until I was ready.
I listened to myself and was deliberate in action and thought. I took my time, worked honestly and did my best.
Just being honest with myself and allowing myself to be crazy for a while let me become happier than I could ever imagine.
3 people found this helpful