www.powerstroke-dvd.com/ Triathlon & open water swimming Powerstroke technique DVD
www.wellbridge.com/HarvardSquare Group Classes, Training & More. Get a Free Trial Pass Today.
www.marketshieldcapital.com/ No Short Sale, no Harm to Credit No Obligation, No Fee to try
www.focusonfitness-ma.com/ Complete Health Club w/ Pool, Group Classes, Personal Training & More!
How to learn to swim underwater
How I did it: I used a scuba mask and snorkel to help myself become accustomed to having my face underwater. Then I took away the snorkel and practiced diving down until I got the technique right for staying under (this took the longest - my bum kept floating to the top!).
We played a diving game for practice, picking up the unused snorkel from the floor of the pool! :)
I'm definitely not perfect at it but I can keep myself under for a swim now, which was my main aim. I can even do a bit of a dolphin swim under the water :)
Lessons & tips: I found that kicking myself off downwards from the side of the pool helped me with staying under until I could do it all on my own.
Resources: Being able to watch how my sister did it was helpful, and having my family watch me and give me tips on where I could improve was useful too! :)
Rasmeii has gotten 12 cheers on this entry.
- petwil90 cheered this 9 months ago
- Dawn Treader cheered this 9 months ago
- PasadenaSue cheered this 9 months ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 9 months ago
- gottawonder cheered this 9 months ago
- miola cheered this 9 months ago
- viridianag0 cheered this 9 months ago
- K82345 cheered this 9 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 9 months ago
- Holly cheered this 9 months ago
- renewalsh cheered this 9 months ago
- Lady of Shalott cheered this 9 months ago