www.loopedyarnworks.com/ Yarn, color, fun and more... Located in Dupont Circle
www.amazon.com/beauty Find Thousands of Beauty Products Discover Amazon's Beauty Store
www.deramores.com/Knitting-Yarn Great Range of Knitting Yarn with Free US Shipping When You Spend $50
How to detangle yarn
How I did it: I started with the bigger yarns that looked short and well defined. I ended up with eyelash. LOTS of eyelash. Bright blue was easy. Red was easy. LeventySeven balls of multi were not.
Lessons & tips: 1. Put the animals away : - )
2. Open your tangled balls of yarn in a bag on top of a small table and dangle larger balls off sides as long as they do not put tension on the tangled mass.
3. Separate easier balls of yarn first.
4. Pick an easy color and find the end. (LOL not easy) gather as much as you can in your hand. Try not to obsess over tangles and winding right now. Follow the yarn through the mess with your finger to the other side then wiggle open the hole so your arm can pass through, take the yarn through and pass the yarn to your other hand on the other side of the mess. Keep going until it's all out then look for another end. If you spot an end while manipulating yarn, clip a clothespin to it.
5. Once you get a color isolated, gently pull apart larger tangles with your fingers and hook longer loops over a hook, chair, curtain rod, bookend, computer, lamp etc. so you end up with a spider web. Be careful not to pull tight. I used plastic pens at crucial crosses to prevent the yarn from falling back down into a knot. That was before I had those clever little open end stitch markers which would have been perfect.
6. Finally, begin to wind your final ball. At times, you may come across large portions in the middle of the ball you wish to loop loosely then work from the other end. Put it in a baggie almost closed! It stays neat and clean.
Resources: My husband. Sorry, you can't have him.
tinkknitz has gotten 1 cheer on this entry.
- TiaSerre cheered this 5 years ago