How to be there when people need me
How I did it: Like I said above, you just have to be there. Put your wants and needs aside and help them out whenever you can. Today, I was right in the middle of taking down my Christmas tree, when my Father called me from his chemo appointment and asked me to go out to his house to get some pills he needed and forgot. I dropped everything and went and got his pills for him. I know this doesn't sound like such a big deal, but it is about a sixty mile round trip. I had no problem doing it, and you never know what kind of surprise you may get in doing it ... I sat there with him for an hour and we had a nice conversation. The subject matter wasn't very pleasant (talking about his chemo and what it does to him and how it makes him feel) but it was very informative. And it was very nice to get more information on my Father and his illness.
Lessons & tips: Put yourself second
bluefish0526 has gotten 11 cheers on this entry.
- ellieweston cheered this 17 months ago
- ~Lady-of-Shalott~Countess Purrs Like a Kitten cheered this 23 months ago
- quietrose cheered this 2 years ago
- ExtraHead cheered this 3 years ago
- keksi2k cheered this 3 years ago
- petroschka cheered this 4 years ago
- Venusian cheered this 4 years ago
- heaveemetal cheered this 4 years ago
- porfavornofubar cheered this 4 years ago
- sue820 cheered this 4 years ago
- tknight cheered this 4 years ago