www.ask.com/Learning+To+Ice+Skate Explore Learning To Ice Skate. Get Answers Now on Ask.com.
www.revellawear.com/ Wide range of colors, skatewear, great ice skating dress styles
www.target.com/ Get Skates For Ice Skating. Over 500,000 Items Ship Free with $50 Purchase.
www.drjays.com/Skate Skate Gear- Loads of Hot Brands. DrJays.com - Perform, Always.
www.skatingwalkers.com/ PVC Ice Skating Walkers to help your kids learn to ice skate!
How to learn to ice skate
How I did it: It was an outing for work, and I joined in the fun with the patients I and another staff took to the rink. I met a cute little girl who's probably about 10-years old, who gave me suggestions on how to coordinate my body (I felt like a flapping penguin). She was so sweet. [Somehow, I'm always a kid magnet.]
I'm still a novice, so I'm going to have to hit the rink again and try another day's worth of ice-skating! But at least now I can say that I know how to ice-skate (sort of)!
Lessons & tips: 1. Glide, balance, glide, balance. REPEAT.
2. It's a lot like rollerblading, but way more slippery.
3. Learn how to stop on skates. That was tough, and I still couldn't do it right. I hovered around the side walls a lot.
4. Watch out for falls. Learning about body positioning in relationship to weight distribution helped a lot. I wish I had a professional trainer or at least someone who actually knows how to skate really well to teach me!!
5. Have fun and laugh at yourself! Awkward at first, but I got the hang of it after a few laps around the rink.
Resources: The ice rink I was at, the little girl, and my own little discoveries (and errors) along the way.
ambiguitylotus has gotten 1 cheer on this entry.
- yishe00 cheered this 4 years ago