www.viator.com/empire-state Buy official Empire State Building tickets. Low price guarantee.
www.seaworldparks.com/BuschGardens Buy Park Tickets And Ride On Roller Coasters At Up To 70 MPH!
www.brakingaidsride.org/ Boston to New York AIDS Ride! Where the ribbon meets the road
www.thebody.com/StartingHIVTreatment 10 Questions Before You Begin. Visit Our Resource Center Now.
How I did it: There was lots of preparation that went into this adventure..
On the biking side; lots of long rides over multiple days to get use to the long day in the saddle. Mixed in was a lot of hill climbing. Even those we prepared on were not of the length and grade of those we encountered on the ride, but it helped. Hill repeats are a must in training.
Each day was completed through determination and the encouragement of the other riders.To do this alone would have been daunting. The camaraderie grows each day. Everyone encourages each other. It gives you the strength and attitude to go on. It carries on afterwards to have the confidence for the up coming challenges of life.
The other challenge here is the fundraising. Solicit family, friends, co-workers and caual acquaintances. It is surprising where the donations will come from. People are generous when it is a good cause.
Lessons & tips: The lesson here is that it is amazing what one can accomplish with the help of others and through sheer determination. Don't ever sell yourself short. And once you do finish, the rewards stay with you a long time.
Biking 540 miles over 7 days is something I never would have thought I could ever do, but I did. And I am so glad I did this. The trip, the people, both riders and support staff, wre amazing. New York is a beatiful state and to see it on a bike, one really gets to appreciate what nature has to offer.
Resources: My fellow riders helped a lot, in training and on the ride.
Family and friends were so supportive, in both the time commitment i had to make and in donations (each rider had to raise $3500 and this was a challenge in itself.
A light, comfortable road bike helps. I love my bike, a Scott CR1 Team.
Bring a camera. The photos serve as a daily log for the adventure. Iposted some to Flickr. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41916227@N04/sets/72157622171106794/
I'll put some more to this album later, so check back again later for more..
Bob1623 has gotten 21 cheers on this entry.
- MsGillien cheered this 6 months ago
- johnest cheered this 6 months ago
- K82345 cheered this 10 months ago
- . cheered this 13 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 13 months ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 13 months ago
- Forester321 cheered this 13 months ago
- Optionally_Mine cheered this 13 months ago
- nouvelle jen cheered this 18 months ago
- Cloudberry cheered this 19 months ago
- sun_goddess31 cheered this 21 months ago
- Lady of Shalott cheered this 22 months ago
- funchilde cheered this 2 years ago
- Amanda cheered this 2 years ago
- Zijue cheered this 3 years ago
- KnittinMama cheered this 3 years ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 3 years ago
- Katylady123 cheered this 3 years ago
- lookingatthestars cheered this 3 years ago
- Straha cheered this 3 years ago
- trebor09 cheered this 3 years ago