"I made enough money, working less time from home, to quit my job and now I get to live a better life and help others do the same thing."
How I did it: I read "The Secret", a book given to me by one of my patients. As a nurse, it was important to find an industry I believed in and one that allowed me to help myself by helping others. I had faith in myself that I could accomplish the goals I had set. I found a business I could schedule around my job and worked at it knowing I was heading toward accomplishment of my goals. I learned all I could about mindset, marketing and speaking to others. I stopped listening to the media and others who told me I couldn't reach my intended destination. I was persistent and consistent and followed a daily method of operation aimed toward reaching certain milestones and a year later, I was making more and higher goals, knowing nothing can stop my momentum.
Lessons & tips:
- Be crystal clear on your goals. Write them down and refer to them many times a day. Keep them on a card in your pocket.
- Imagine how you will feel once you have reached your goals and continue that feeling.
- Believe in yourself, avoid anyone or thing that would put doubt about yourself in your mind.
- Allow yourself to learn from others. It is OK not to know everything. Follow the footsteps of those who are where you intend to be.
- Persist. Be consistent at what you are doing. Don't start then stop. This is a way of letting yourself down and causing self-doubt.
- Be grateful. Gratitude for what you have and are, right now, opens more and more opportunities to be grateful in your future.
- Take action. Do something every day that puts you closer to your target.
2 people found this helpful