www.tripit.com/ The Ultimate Trip Planning Tool. Create a Travel Itinerary Online.
www.yelp.com/SummerRoadTripGuide 75 Exciting Road Trip Ideas From 25 Top U.S. Cites.
www.screenshotdigital.com/ Improving performance of digital. advertising in mobile social video
www.travelsd.com/Road-Trips Scenic routes through South Dakota. Official South Dakota tourism site.
How I did it: My boyfriend and I woke up to another lazy Saturday, but there was something in the air. We knew that the same old same old just wouldn't do. I had been wanting to take him to Nakusp - a remote little hippie-town about 3 hours away. I mentioned it to him, threw in some puppy-dog eyes and we were off. We had a great drive listening to our fav tunes and chatting about life. We made tons of stops along the way and dangled over the rail of the ferry we had to take. We stopped at an amazing little cafe in a strawbale building, and decided to soak in a hotspring for a couple hours. On the drive home we saw about a million deer grazing in the fields in a warm, golden light from the setting sun. Perfect day. We still reminince about it :)
Lessons & tips: Don't
- Don't be scared that you'll get lost. You can always stop and ask for directions.
- Don't put it off because you have things you "should" do. Live a little!
- Don't think you have to go away for a long time. Even one day can save your sanity and feel like a week away from work!
- Explore uncharted territory.
- Go to interesting places that you can't get at home (ie. don't eat at McDonald's)
- Be fearless and open to whatever comes your way. Even a flat tire can make for a grand adventure.