How to eat better
How I did it: Eating better to me was more of a trying to eat less processed foods, more vegetables, and less junk goal than about watching my weight, my calorie intake or any of that stuff (really, I am just too lazy). We had been eating a lot of chips (which often ended up as dinner...), cup noodles, canned noodles, actually it was pasta and tomato sauce everyday for a while. When I moved out, Gaelen and I moved in with another couple in a two story apartment but the kitchen was in the basement, which had very low-lighting and a low-ceiling and I hated to be in there, but now since moving out our kitchen is wonderfully large and probably my favourite room!
Basically, I just decided I should be eating more home-made food in general. At the grocery store we generally avoid the snack food aisle, and take a moment to ask "do I really need to eat this?." I read a lot of food blogs and get a lot of ideas from there, and just try a lot of new recipes and try to enjoy my time in the kitchen. Of course, we have been spending almost double on food each month, but it's totally worth it to feel a little healthier and proud of the food we eat.
forgotmyhead has gotten 10 cheers on this entry.
- soonforget cheered this 11 months ago
- nananaina cheered this 2 years ago
- daniemarie cheered this 2 years ago
- PhDreezy cheered this 2 years ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 2 years ago
- SWAZ cheered this 3 years ago
- Digitally Personified (heterotically degenerated) cheered this 3 years ago
- cinemadam cheered this 3 years ago
- calamar cheered this 3 years ago
- Amberesque cheered this 3 years ago