"Treat people like you want to be treated yourself, look forward and make sure that you have only Intentions for the benefit of all
How I did it: Regrets begin with bad descicions which were made in the past so having no regrets in the future means to first get rid of the things in the past and have the will of doing things differently.. So I started to think about the meaning of the word Regrets and why I had them.
And I found out that it had a 'link' to unforgiveness. I realised that if I looked at the circumstances where the 'mistakes' were made and the person I was at that time , I realised that the things that went wrong were NOT INTENDED to go wrong. It merely had to do with my Ignorance and incapability at those times.. I realised that my intentions were in most cases..'good' but that I could not always foresee what could happen in the end. And in the cases that I did do anything intentionally wrong I learned to say "I'm sorry" and hoped for the forgiveness of the person I did wrong to. So I started to learn about forgiveness and started to practise selfcompassion and learned that all things you want to change begin with treating another hou you want to be treated yourself...and not to forget to treat yourself that way.. I myself believe in God and Jesus Christ; He was the biggest example of compassion and forgiveness. Even if you don't believe in God.. you can still believe in the fact that you can't give away what you don't possess. So have compassion ...by giving it.. to yourself too. Learn to forgive and forgive yourself and then you can let go of the guild that makes you regret.. If you have learned al that , then you can make the steps to live your life further ,without doing things you're going to regret by the following lessons......
Lessons & tips:
- You might think , because you live in the here and now, that it is not neccessary to look at the present but think again..
- What you intentionally ruin today , you might need tomorrow
- Ask yourself before you say or do something..Does this contribute to my or another persons wellbeing??
- What are your INTENTIONS in the matter?
- If you believe in God.. try to stay close to Him and trust Him
- If you don't ...Get to know Him and his son Jesus
- Jesus told us to treat people like we want to be treated ourselves.
- If you don't want to believe in God ... then still treat people you want to be treated yourself .. Because it makes sence !!
- Eighter way.. if you do that .. you will have no regrets..;-)
- And if you still do something you regret..
- FORGIVE YOURSELF..
Resources: read books or look on internet or you tube for inspiration.
the Bible... by God ;-)
book: Selfcompassion..by Kirstin Neff or...