I’m doing it.
L C has written 21 entries about this goal
The last 3 weeks have been a whirlwind, and it’s been a challenge to balance the demands of:
- A busy Nashville writing/performance schedule (We’ve logged about 48 hours driving between here & there)
- A challenging day job at a very unique stage of development for the Agency
- Thanksgiving & other events – daughter’s bday, daughter’s fiancee asking for daughter’s hand, Auburn winning the 2010 Iron Bowl (War Eagle!), Black Friday, caring for sis all weekend in the middle of everything else, etc.
I doubt I would have made it trough another week at that pace.
I was so exhausted – felt like I had lived a dozen lifetimes since last Wednesday. It felt a bit strange to be back to my standard work week schedule, but after two days, I’m settling back in & catching up on my rest.
Gotta keep the trend going until I’m rested again.
So we tackled the attic, and now everything is organized. We toted a BUNCH of stuff into the garage to get it ready for a rummage sale in a couple of weeks. It feels so so soooo good to know THAT’S out of the way…
the studio. The vocal room is done & hubby’s friend J. has done an awesome job of making it both clean & warm.
The entry way, office, mix room, and guitar mic-ing room are still in progress. J. wanted to try a glazed finish in the entry way & he’s been teaching me how. The two of us went at it for six hours today & finished only about half the room. Very time-consuming!
The rooms were pretty much filled with family photos & trinkets, mine in the vocal room & hubby’s in the mix room. On the first day, hubby & J. boxed up all my trinkets & stuck them in the attic. “Professionalism,” they said, and I didn’t argue.
It’s over two weeks later, and all of hubby’s trinkets are stacked in the corners, waiting to be loaded back into the beautiful new mix room. I objected.
If I have to give up all my treasures for professionalism, then it’s only fair that he does the same. He tried arguing, but each time I just laughed, like I thought he was joking. By late in the afternoon, he decided that I was right.
Then began the tug of war for bookcase space, which is at a premium… He claims he can’t give me a full shelf for my songbooks, as God is my witness, I WILL get my shelf!
Hubby, my daughter & a couple of friends have asked for gift suggestions. Normally, if I want something, I buy it for myself, so I’m not used to having a wish list…
I’ll use this space to keep track of ideas…
1. Comfy & cute slippers
2. Leather driving gloves (beautiful pair at Target)
3. Weightlifting gloves
4. Yoga Pants from Old Navy (with pockets)
5. iPhone case that hangs around my neck (for the gym)
6. Electric razor (waterproof)
7. Large Sally Patchwork hobo (Fossil)
8. Thorlo socks (any kind)
9. Green satin bra & thong (give hubby my coupon)
10. YOGA TOES! (small)
11. Graphic tees
12. Cool zip hoodie
13. “All Laquered Up” from OPI
15. New easel?
16. Purple leather handbag at DSW
17. Northface jacket
...relax & destress during the day… learn to roll with it, whatever “it” may be… stop btcing to my friends so much & share GOOD things with them… pedicure… more sex, good sex…
- Install the wireless printer
- Get my eating bacck on track asap
- At work: substrates!
- Close the house
- Water aerobics
- Girls night
I’ve been putting off seeing a doctor about the remnants of my summer cold… Finally saw him today & he said it’s a good thing I came because this wasn’t going to get better on its own… After a shot of Keflex, a shot of cortisone, & two prescriptions I feel like SUPERWOMAN! I didn’t have a fever, but apparently I did have an ear infection…
The electrician came & the job ended up taking him all day… Since I was home from work, I busied myself by
... doing all the dusting, vacuuming, & general cleaning
... catching up on all the laundry
... washing the windows, doors & baseboards
... washing & decluttering the deck
... washing the kitchen & dining room curtains
... re-painting all the lawn furniture
... beating the rugs
... deep cleaning the kitchen
... cleaning the bathrooms
... washing the dog
... changing the sheets
... get a head start on my filing
... watering all my plants (inside & out)
... “sculpting” my jasmine fence & grape vines
... sweeping the patio & walks
... packing the car full of boxes for Goodwill
After all that, I took a shower & painted my toenails…
It was a good day!
So I’ve been suffering eye strain & even though I got my first pair just about a year ago, I decided to bite the bullet & get a new prescription…
To my surprise, the doc said my eyes are BETTER! My distance vision is actually 20/20 again… which means I don’t need glasses to drive… It also means I can wear REAL sunglasses again, instead of clip-ons!
I’m glad I stopped procrastinating & got this one out of the way…
L C has gotten 32 cheers on this goal.
- Lana cheered this 4 months ago
- gyp1lady cheered this 3 years ago
- Gertie cheered this 3 years ago
- NorthernSkye cheered this 3 years ago
- bebrave cheered this 3 years ago
- metafora77 cheered this 3 years ago
- Becks cheered this 3 years ago
- FabulousRaye cheered this 3 years ago
- lob cheered this 3 years ago
- clearthinker cheered this 4 years ago
- ATLfemme cheered this 4 years ago
- heaveemetal cheered this 4 years ago
- Waynesworld cheered this 4 years ago
- Tarrador cheered this 4 years ago
- SpammySammy cheered this 4 years ago
- raslalique cheered this 4 years ago
- PinkCoffeeMug cheered this 4 years ago
- izzybizzy53 cheered this 4 years ago
- Gavet cheered this 4 years ago
- jane cheered this 4 years ago
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 4 years ago