and I promised to continue doing it, time seems to keep me from fulfilling this goal. So I am willing to call it completed until a time in the future where life offers me more opportunity to sit and reflect upon each day and share it with the world. Until then, adieu.
37nfalling has written 113 entries about this goal
1. always forever grateful for my friend Pat, who was so happy to see me come back from vacation. He gave me hugs and told me he missed me. It is a nice feeling to know that I have been missed, that my company means enough to somebody else that when I am not there, that I am missed.
2. grateful for clean sheets, I love getting into bed, with nice clean wonderful smelling sheets, especially right after a nice hot shower. My ex-husband smoked in bed, I hated it but he didn’t seem to care. When I left him, the thing that I appreciated the most (initially) was that I always went to bed in clean smelling sheets.
3. That I am healthy and I can work and play and clean and all of that. I realize that many of the the things I dread, I would be grateful to be able to do in any other different circumstance. I am sure that my brother in the many years that he was sick wished that he had more purpose in life. To work and have more companionship and freinds and outings, all of those things would have been something he longed for. I try and remember that when I don’t want to go to work.
4. For Sarah. She always makes me laugh. Her smiles mean more to me than anything else at this time in my life. She reminds me that I am a good mother. Watching my youngest child grow up, to finally mature, is wonderful and scary. But most of all, the child who seemed to always be ignored is finally getting the attention she always wanted. Without the drama.
5. I am grateful that life is good, maybe it is just my attitude, and even if that is the case, I am grateful for that.
I am remembering that night 17 years ago when I was pregnant with Sarah and the contractions began. I was working night shift then too. I stayed home that night. I went to bed instead of work. I rested for a few hours and went to the hospital early in the morning, she was born soon after.
I am grateful to be able to celebrate 17 years of my life with my smiling, happy, beautiful, smart Sarah.
I am grateful for John, still, as he adds depth to my thinking still. My motorcycle guy heading down to Asheville, NC was able to spend a few minutes talking to me a little bit this morning, adding something to my life yet still pushing for me to come to Florida in December, but always offering good advice. Nice balance there.
I am grateful for the guy who I wasn’t interested in romatically during the early spring. He is still my friend and always has time to talk to me about boyfriend problems, money problems, job problems.He has a way of analyzing things. He is smart and we enjoy good conversation. He sure shed some light on my arguement with Gary this morning. There is nothing like a mans opinion when it comes to another man.
grateful that I am feeling more at peace than I did at 10:00am yesterday morning, or 7:00pm last night. Mostly becasue my older two daughters are so insightful and intuitive and always give me a hug when I need one and offer the right words of encouragement. I don’t think they realize that I do listen to them and that I do value what they have to say to me. I don’t think they will ever understand that I have needed them as much as they have needed me. Our closeness is special.
I am grateful for tea and honey. yummy in my belly, calming to my nerves and there is jsut something about drinking tea that makes you slow down, slow down and ponder the things you are grateful for.
it is John’s birthday and I am so grateful that we were able to talk this morning. I am grateful that he came into my life and created this new awareness. I am greatfeul for my own intelligence that I was smart enough to keep notes about all the things he told me.
I am grateful that I have found the ease in which to tell people that I love them. Even girlfriends and bosses and special people that come through my life.
I am grateful for my group of lunch parnters. It is like a little buffet every day. I never know who is going to bring what when we arrive at the lunch table and I kind of go out of my way to bring something to share and so do other people. Ther is nothing like sharing food to bring a group of people together.
I am grateful for Gary coming into my life. I feel like I have found a mirror image of myself. There is a comfort level with him that I have never found with even my best friends. Could this be the man who will smile and laugh while sharing my life?
Forever grateful for the love, respect and admiration of my children. I realize that I was never cherished as a child. I was never cherished as a child should be cherished. I never felt that sense of love, respect and admiration from my parents. Perhaps I felt it in some small way from my dad but certainly not from my mother. My children always treat me in such a way. I hope I have honored them in the same way. I will be more aware of that in the future.
I am truly grateful
1. that school started again today. It seems like I see more of my girls (well only one girl now that Amber is off to college) when they have to get up for school.
2. s much as Amber wanted to stay on campus, and is enjoying it, she is also realizing that she is a homebody and comes home more often to just be here.
3. that I have made a new friend at work. An intelligent, interesting and similar strong woman. I can always use more friends.
4. that I have hope for cooler weather.
5. John took the news about Gary so well.
1. the best damn picture that anybody has ever taken of me in my whole entire life. check out my avatar!
2. meeting John, who somehow has brought me back to the centered woman I was 4 years ago,
3. the desire to mend some broken relationships
4. being the woman I always wanted to be, or at least be on the path to getting there, which is the next best thing.
5. my wonderful, beautiful, fabulous children, who fill me with pride, ovewhelming love and happiness every day. I never wanted to be one of those women who constantly talks about her children but here I find myself doing it. I am so proud, I can’t help but talk about them. My greatest gratitude is having had the opportunity to be a mother.
Happy Canada Day!!!
Today, I am grateful
1. that I am Canadian for starters.
2. for men who know their way around the bedroom.
3. for Harley Davidson motorcycles and being a passenger
4. for Yahoo personal adds.
5. a wonderful weekend of fun.
that I have a friggin job,(that is probably killing me considering all the chemicals I am around every day)
and my health (cause I can’t afford to get sick the benefits don’t cover that)
somebody! loves me, (thank God for kids!)
The damn car is still running (even if something! is burning in there every time I stop)
That I still; manage a sense of humor, (sick one, but a sense of humor none the less)
1. I am grateful for beautiful weather for my daughters graduation, her not falling up or down the stairs, for not crying “too” much, for her dad driving down from Montreal for the event, for a $1000 scholarship, for inspirational speeches, for seeing her with all those teenagers who have been hanging around at my house, watching them all and feeling so proud!! And happy that I know them. For success!
2. I am grateful for meeting Linda, a member of the Green Mountain club and her offer to take me hiking, the hike up to Sterling Pond, (a glacial pond) up 1780 feet and around the pond, a five hour hike in all, sore legs, steep hike, wonderful views. Fabulous!! With talk about a kayak trip in the near future and perhaps an overnight camping trip.
3. A wonderful birthday, the girls baked me a lemon cake, Pat also brought a cake to work, and we were having an Ice cream Social at work so it made the day.
4. I am grateful that the girls are taking their grandfathers death so well and their father and I were abe to have a nice disucssion about the situation he finds himslef in.
5. For a feeling of balance this week.
6. For my boss letting me go home 3 hours early and being able to get all the hours in at my second job that I need to make ends meet.
7. seeing improvements in areas of my life.
8. family gatherings and photos.
9. grocery store friends who make me laugh.
10. for having the confidence to stick to my decision with tall dark and handsome, and the married guy at work. I have even decided to say goodbye to airport guy.
what a great weekend I am grateful for quite a few things
1. tall dark and handsome has not called in two days, guess he finally got he message.
2. watched Mr Brooks at the theater, really loved the movie.
3. the pictures I took the last time I was up at the wildlife refuge came out fantastic.
4. went looking at new living room sets yesterday, it was fun, sitting on allthose couches, dreaming of a beautiful living room. Who knows when or how but I will one day again have a place I am proud of.
5. pat was able to get my license plate off (although he basically just ripped it off) but we couldn’t find a wayto attach the new one.
6. clean sheets, how I love the smell of clean sheets.
7. big sale at my favorite store Bath and Bodyworks, and I was able to pick up three bottles of bady wash of a scent that I really love but is discontinued.
8. oldest daughter stopping by today with the boyfriend I managed to get a nice picture of the two of them outside with their arms around each other. So glad to see her so happy.
9 my plan is working out.
10. grocery store friends.
37nfalling has gotten 14 cheers on this goal.
- Ashley Doom cheered this 6 years ago
- flutter is full of wonder cheered this 6 years ago
- Calissa cheered this 6 years ago
- Free spirit, place of peace cheered this 6 years ago
- kellgo cheered this 6 years ago
- alonzoboy cheered this 6 years ago
- Turiel cheered this 6 years ago
- Demidog cheered this 7 years ago
- serapisbey cheered this 7 years ago
- popsicletoes cheered this 7 years ago
- cyberpunkdreams cheered this 7 years ago
- Chris Campbell cheered this 7 years ago
- naughtyminx78 cheered this 7 years ago
- Damon Clinkscales cheered this 7 years ago