nice to know I have a list to look at every time I am feeling blue and need something to make me happy even when I don’t have any money, and voila, here it is!
www.mormon.org/plan-of-happiness Knowing answers to life's big questions helps us find joy...
37nfalling has written 27 entries about this goal
89. tea in bone china tea cups with english shortbread cookies
90. ethnic food, thai, mexican, chinese, japanese, indian, pakistani, turkish, french, german, scandanavian, italian, all of it.
91. the smell of fresh cut grass
92. quitting time.
93. awareness of personal growth
94. boxes of chocolates.
95. all my laundry done.
96. staying in nice hotels.
97. feeling desirable
98. being at my appropriate weight
99. laptop computers
100. being in love.
83. the movies. I love the movie theater. I love how you can dive into a story and forget everything else. For two hours your worries are gone, you are in the scene, a bystander, a witness, nothing else matters.
84. the wind. I was watching the breeze blow the white gauze curtains in the patio doorway, the way they float in the air makes me relax. I don’t know why that has such an effect on me but it does.
85. wind chimes. Reminds me of every summer day that I truly enjoyed relaxing on the balcony. Nothing like it.
86. Colored pens. Not the cheap kind but really nice ones. I like my paper planner and writing notes and I love colored pens. I received some beautiful German pens as a gift a couple of years back, many of them still holding on strong!
87.Pretty staionary. I used to collect this when I was a younger woman but the computer and emails seemed to replace the note writing habit. In reality, I would prefer writing a beautiful letter on beautiful paper. So much more personal.
88. swinging. tire swings, playground swings, big gliding swings in the back garden, porch swings, swinging in a hammock, swinging on a rope, swinging from a branch on a tree, swinging upside down, swinging around and around, the big swing ride at the amusement park It makes me feel wild and free.
for the future. If ti is set in stone or mildly thought out. A plan can make you feel like you have everything under control. It offers some stability in your mind if not in the reality of life.
I love public transportation. Metros and buses and trains that take you in and out of the city. Never having to worry about where you are going to park the car, or parking prices. I love it. Montreal has safe, clean public transportation. It runs rain or shine, snow or no snow, and it may get crowded on occasion but even on those hot days crammed tight full of other people on the bus, it just reminds me of the freedom that I have to move around town for one monthly price.
I have had a complexe about my legs for a very long time. Teasing as a child kept me from baring my legs from the age of about 13 years old. Not there is anything wrong with my legs, they are straight and nicely shaped. I gave it about 8 years ago. I said enough was enough. I bought a comfy short cotton khaki skirt and I have not looked back. I am hooked. I have since bought more and I love them. I wear them all summer long.
especially from new people. Iusually check out their profile and read thier goals and latest entries. I feel like I have made a new friend. It is a nice feeling to e cheered on. I shared my goals with a few people along the way and I have been suprised and hurt by their reactions. Sometimes the people who you would hope would support you the most laugh or belittle your goals. They can discourage you by the look on thier face or what they don’t say. Here, you have no worries. You will always find somebody who shares your goals, who are willing to hlep you, to cheer you on. and not make you fee silly for wanting something that you may or may not ever have. But at least we dream.
thank you for all your cheers. every one of them meant something to me.
having an epiphany!! I love those days, those moments. Where some piece of logic is in the spotlight and you wonder, “How the hell did I not see that?” It happens every once in a while. It often leaves you feeling stupid, but wiser. It always pushes the envelope of my character and leaves me humble yet smarter. It is not always a happy expereience, and it can be painful but I am always grateful for the slap up the backside of the head. I am learning and growing, two things that are important to me.
any of the two million ways that somebody can be romantic touches me. I think that if somebody is going ou fo their way for me, doing something that they don’t have to do it is romantic. Flowers, candy, soft music, candles, opening my door, walking me home, offering your coat, love letters, whispers in my ear, holding the back of my head when you kiss me, poetry, watching the stars, sitting by the fire, talkign instead of tv, suprises, picnics, bubble baths, dinner dates, slow dancing, silent walks holding hands, brushing the hair from my face, and on and on and on. Romance is the way to this corny womans heart.
the hard part is sticking to it but there is peace in knowing where all the money is going and getting it there.
I have always been afraid of money and I don’t think that has changed much. I know that by taking control of it I will feel like I am more in charge and less afraid. Doesn’t matter, I still worry on my way to the mailbox. My heartbeat still elevates whenever I see an envelope that I don’t recognize. I think I felt more relief when I had some savings in the bank.
I had no worries when I was married and we had a dual income household. I would rather be without him, be happy and struggle. I wonder how many people would really choose to remain unhappy and well off instead of poor and happy? Of course wouldn’t it be nice to be well off AND happy?!! One day, I am the perpetual positive thinker, love and money will find me.
37nfalling has gotten 10 cheers on this goal.
- redstar cheered this 6 years ago
- blissfulwizard cheered this 6 years ago
- Turiel cheered this 6 years ago
- Bluestar233 cheered this 6 years ago
- Daydreamer331 cheered this 6 years ago
- Ellie cheered this 6 years ago
- naughtyminx78 cheered this 6 years ago
- Kasia cheered this 6 years ago
- mazingrace cheered this 6 years ago