focusing more on my potential and exploring my possibilities, rather than worrying about my limitations.
She has written 8 entries about this goal
successfully dealt with stress, taken care of my family in a particularly scary situation, and stood up for something I believe when two people I care about were strongly against it. I was my own source of support, and it felt good.
Boring evening, husband was working late, son was asleep. Instead of lying in bed watching TV as I usually do, I did some exercise (for the first time in about 10 days), got rid of some clutter, took a nice hot shower and then used a few those nice skin products that promise to make you look better pretty soon (I didn’t even remember I had them).
It feels good to relax and pamper myself for a little while.
because life is too short, and “almost lonely” isn’t “lonely”. Honestly, I can’t afford to be feeling down anymore.
then one conversation makes me feel misunderstood by the world. I am probably overreacting by feeling this overwhelming loneliness right now. Can’t help it now.
Tomorrow is a new day…
I need to work on that to be my best friend. I’m glad it is something that can be developed!
1. Taking time to relax and enjoy the company of friends and family.
2. Not letting a certain ghost haunt me again.
This is now my number one goal for 3 resons:
1. Being my best friend means taking good care of me (in many aspects) and making myself happy. A happy Myself will be more open and more prepared to make a positive difference in other people’s lives and in the world. It is not a selfish goal.
2. I could certainly use a very good friend now, why not consider me, my own self, for the job?
3. I realize many of my problems exist first inside my head, because I judge myself and I wouldn’t be this hard on my best friend.
Wish me luck, friends :)
She has gotten 32 cheers on this goal.
- Kika42 cheered this 15 months ago
- sweetlady628 cheered this 4 years ago
- Contemplative Jenn cheered this 4 years ago
- liveurelife2992 cheered this 5 years ago
- Collectorofcats cheered this 5 years ago
- littleruby cheered this 5 years ago
- ~ Julie ~ cheered this 5 years ago
- Happy Phantom cheered this 5 years ago
- A Staggering Rat of Heartbreaking Something or Other cheered this 5 years ago
- sketch15 cheered this 6 years ago
- Being Bryn cheered this 6 years ago
- Larix cheered this 6 years ago
- newvanessa cheered this 6 years ago
- Maggie the cat cheered this 6 years ago
- Texas Lin cheered this 6 years ago
- Absnasm cheered this 6 years ago
- SG cheered this 6 years ago
- Sherlock cheered this 6 years ago
- Des cheered this 6 years ago
- heaveemetal cheered this 6 years ago
- Zanna Campanula cheered this 6 years ago