NOT been easy!!! But, it’s really something that really needs to be done! I’m one of those people who can exist in chaos, but life is so much more simpler if I have at least some level of organization. I’ve decluttered, decluttered more, and then decluttered even more. I’ve created places for different categories of things, and at least gotten some of my other things out of sight so that I have the appearance of organization so that so much isn’t out in plain view. I have accomplished this goal as well as I can for the time being.
www.shopgetorganized.com/ Free shipping On Orders Over $50! Get 10% Off, Use Promo Code GOOFF.
www.udotherest.com/ Explore Different Apps & Tools That May Help You Get Organized.
www.brother-usa.com/Start-Here Starting A Family or Moving Your Home? Get Organized With a P-touch!
www.getorganizedwizard.com/ I Love Being Organized. And So Will You. Let's Get Started Today!
www.freshandeasy.com/Deals Seedless Watermelon at 19c/lb. Deal ends 5/28. Now That's Easy.
Deni H has written 32 entries about this goal
I plan on working on this pretty seriously on Saturday and Sunday. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make deadline if I don’t.
is accomplished! I got rid of about half my lifetime of letters and cards today! It was really bittersweet. I shed a few tears. It felt soooooooo unnatural for me to do it. I showed a family member today what I was doing and she really couldn’t believe it. I barely believe it. I guess it will all be real when I get in from work on Thursday to find they’ve been taken away with the garbage. What I’ve gotten rid of is reasonable, though. But I’m just pretty shocked still.
project is finished a day early…so I’ll go on to the next project. (just not immediately)
I have 3 boxes in the closet to deal with if I counted correctly. Today, I eliminated half of one box’s contents.
for the final four projects. I should have my remaining boxes that survived decluttering phase one decluttered and organized by 5 p.m. on June 8th. My filing system should be created and implemented and completely done by 5 p.m. June 18th. I should go through all my cards and letters and declutter them by June 20th at 5 p.m. I should reorganize as necessary to have everything have a logical place and things should be in near-perfect order by 5 p.m. June 30th. This is exciting because it would mean organization by the end of the month, and getting to mark this crazy goal off!
The next major project on the agenda is decluttering further the 3 or 4 boxes I came up when I sorted through the 8 or 9 over the last few days. And, getting it arranged in useful order or packed away to take to the storage unit.
Then the next big project will be filing all my awful papers.
The next project will be decluttering the cards and letters boxes.
The last project will be tweaking my organization after completing the above tasks.
After I get a little less burned out with this goal, I’ll be setting deadlines for these projects.
- Clear surfaces of nightstand, chest, dresser, and tv.
- Make bed with clean sheets.
- Clean mirror, tv screen, computer monitor, and keyboard.
- Organize and declutter nightstand drawer.
- Organize and declutter top and bottom drawer of chest.
- Pick out some pictures to decorate surfaces of above mentioned furniture.
- Last, but not least…no papers or anything besides pictures and a candle and 2 to 3 knick-knacks out on furniture’s surfaces for decoration!!!
after my morning coffee. I’ve got until 5 p.m. to do this or I’m going to put myself on 43T restriction until it gets done. :D
I can do this…I’ve taken every vitamin/supplement I have and am going to have caffeine and have also taken two Aleve (naproxen sodium).
truly organized-has been one thing I’ve had to pull my own teeth to do. I don’t ever intend for me to have to go through what I’m currently doing again (well, at least for the stuff here with me…I’m going to have to do quite a bit with the stuff in storage when the time comes for me to unpack those things). So, I’m going to implement some new rules like I did for my car, because my car has stayed clutter free for months now. (Well I need to get two things out of there, and that will be done today.)
1. Always unpack bags upon arriving home from traveling.
2. Always put clean laundry away the same day it’s done.
3. Make up bed every day (that one’s not going to be hard :)).
4. Put all clothing away at the end of the day.
5. Mail should be properly dealt with each day instead of piling up (I recently found I have another round of paper decluttering due to this fact).
6. Put things back into their proper place after using them (I think my mother tried to tell me that several hundred times when I was growing up…kids, listen up, your parents are right about some things, this is definitely one of them!).
There will be more rules to come, but these are just reflective of what I was realizing yesterday while doing this goal.
Deni H has gotten 33 cheers on this goal.
- David Eastwood cheered this 6 years ago
- IowaSummer cheered this 6 years ago
- sran1389 cheered this 6 years ago
- acqua555 cheered this 7 years ago
- Kaz_Dancing cheered this 7 years ago
- Gwendydd cheered this 7 years ago
- Flash cheered this 7 years ago
- Squirrel Hunter cheered this 7 years ago
- Adar cheered this 7 years ago
- lilcutey cheered this 7 years ago
- wic77 cheered this 7 years ago
- JudithKD cheered this 7 years ago
- A L E E M 2.43 cheered this 7 years ago
- Myself cheered this 7 years ago
- Lady Skye! cheered this 7 years ago
- Frannie Girl cheered this 7 years ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 7 years ago
- RuthG cheered this 7 years ago
- idealweight cheered this 7 years ago
- bananapancakes cheered this 7 years ago
- Curlychaos cheered this 7 years ago