“Numb3rs” does not make the cut. I turned it off about 9:30 last night because it was just too slow-paced.
So, this means that I cut one and kept 4 shows. I’m proud that I have continued to really be critical about tv shows that I feel I have to follow.
“The Unit” is even better than I’d expected. There was only one little part of the episode that I’d wished gone another way, though. So, it’s a keeper
Now there’s only one show left on my list to evaluate, and it comes on tomorrow night I believe.
The funny thing about this goal is that now that I’m moving, I’m going to be giving up cable. So, I’ll have to see what I can pick up over-the-air. So, this goal may be for nothing, because I decided to get cable in the first place because I wasn’t getting any channels consistently.
I’ve decided that “Criminal Minds” is on my keep list.
NCIS and L&O:SVU are definite keepers. NCIS wasn’t a let-down as I thought it might be. I checked out “The Mentalist”, too…it’s interesting, but not a must-see show for me.
Since it is getting close to the Fall TV season, I am once again going to critically evaluate if I think tv shows are worth my time. I’m very proud to say that my list is less than half as long as last year’s. Here’s the Fall Schedule if you want to see what’s going to come on.
This year’s list:
- The Unit
- NCIS or House (They conflict with each other and my VCR’s gone wonky and I can’t watch something else while it’s recording a show.)
- Law & Order: SVU
- Criminal Minds
CSI is a rerun tonight. Anything that is already playing reruns probably isn’t worth my time.
I am very proud of myself for parting with almost half of my list! :)
I’ve decided against Cold Case. I just am not consistently interested or dazzled by it. And, I’m glad I went ahead and decided against CSI: NY a few weeks ago, because the past two weeks of previews have revealed some far-fetched storylines.
CSI is the last show I’m evaluating whether to keep or let go by the wayside. I’ve about decided that this week it’ll be “do or die” for this show, too.
- Cold Case- I got a phone call during the show and couldn’t concentrate on it, but I am inconsistently impressed with this show.
- CSI-The tv listing says this week is a rerun! I think this is my sign!
* The Unit
* Law & Order: SVU
* Criminal Minds
* Law & Order: CI
So far, I am keeping Shark, NCIS, and The Unit as keepers.
These are the shows left that are still under evaluation by me. I think I’m making good progress on this because I’ve eliminated some shows and decided I definitely want to keep a couple of shows already.
- Cold Case- another great story line. I’m thinking that I really like this one, and it’ll more than like turn up as a keeper on my list.
- Shark- It definitely is intriguing since it is unique. I’m saying this show is a keeper.
- NCIS- I really liked this episode. It was a very good story, and very unique with all the qualities I love in the characters demonstrated. This is a keeper!
- The Unit- This episode was excellent! Two great story lines and each were equally interesting. This is a keeper!
- Criminal Minds- I enjoyed this episode. The ending was especially suspenseful. This is a show I truly enjoy.
- CSI- I’m interested in the story lines a little more. I would love to see Sara and Grissom get married. But, I can safely say that this used to be my all-time favorite show, and I can’t say that any more. I still enjoy it, just not as much as other shows any more.
- Law & Order: CI- This show, I’m saying I’m interested in. This week’s episode was really twisty-turny and I love that in my tv shows. I also like how they’re alternating the two different detective teams this season. It keeps it interesting, and I love that new girl. I’m attached to Goren and Eams, though, so I’d hate it if they left the show. I still don’t like that boss guy as much as I did the guy before him.