From our village in Ohio to Chicago is almost a 6 hour drive and then we went south to Springfield and then back across all three states home. With Sophie and Will in the back. I think we’re working up to a bigger road trip some day!
www.yelp.com/SummerRoadTripGuide Top Yelp Spots for Summer Road Trips! Plan Your Trip Now.
www.honda.com/ Save Big On a New Crosstour During The Honda Really Big Spring Event.
ask.com/Road+Trip+Across+The+USA Search for Road Trip Across The USA Find Quick Results now!
amazon.com/Road+Trips+Across+The+US Low Prices on Road Trips Across The US Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Amazon Prime
AmyBB25 has written 4 entries about this goal
I just saw something about a new book about the Lincoln Highway called, appropriately enough, The Lincoln Highway. This is what I want to do: drive one of these old highways, stopping at all the interesting spots along the way.
I’m going to head across the good ole US of A to Graton CA to see Waterfall Nymph. Ssh. It’ll be a surprise. On the way I’m going to have to stop and see KC Cooker and maybe the Captain. If you are on the way to CA from OH, let me know and I’ll stop to see you, too! A lot of other 43thingers live too north or too south to stop and see on the way…or they live on another continent. That’s another trip altogether…
Hmmm…who can be my travelling companion?...
It’s always been a dream of mine to just pack up the car and drive west. We’re not exactly east coast here in Ohio but I haven’t been much more west than Chicago or Missouri. Besides, those trips had points, destinations and this one would just be a trip to see where we could go. I would get all my greatest cd’s and a cooler full of water and Coke and sandwiches and a swimsuit (I’d have to have that now although when I really wanted to take this trip-
right after college, I wouldn’t have though I didn’t know it then…), sunglasses and maybe a pack of cigarettes or two. And some friends or not. The ultimate road-trip-across-the US would be my two sisters and our friend, or even just us 3 sisters. I envision us driving across all those middle states stopping at places like the Grand Canyon, Graceland, New Orleans, Las Vegas-all the biggies and the small ones too like James Dean’s gravesite (in Indiana, I think) until we got to California. The point of it is the trip, enjoying the trip and all the adventures you can get into, the freedom of it, the unplanned-ness of it. We would stay in little roadside motels, eat at diners, stop at all the antique shops we wanted b/c there would be no husbands to groan and roll their eyes!
But we can’t do that now b/c we have all these kids and jobs and mortgages and bills. Or could we…
AmyBB25 has gotten 101 cheers on this goal.
- jimrin cheered this 3 weeks ago
- Meredith cheered this 2 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 3 months ago
- . cheered this 9 months ago
- Maggief927 cheered this 12 months ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 12 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 12 months ago
- Josh cheered this 14 months ago
- Speak_Now cheered this 20 months ago
- songwine cheered this 21 months ago
- Straha cheered this 22 months ago
- funchilde cheered this 23 months ago
- aka cheered this 1 year ago
- roslyn43 cheered this 2 years ago
- atinygoat cheered this 2 years ago
- Dreamer7787 cheered this 2 years ago
- DoctorTeeth cheered this 2 years ago
- Barracuda48 cheered this 2 years ago
- ele85 cheered this 2 years ago
- dontburnthedayaway cheered this 2 years ago
- 943 cheered this 2 years ago